Deposit and Cancellation Policy
To Secure a Reservation:
Stewards must pay a deposit at the time of booking. The deposit amount and payment method will be communicated during the reservation process.
The deposit will be held to reserve your stay and will be used towards the final stewardship fee.
Cancellation by Stewards:
1. If Stewards need to cancel their reservation, they must notify the BPBO site manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) in writing, as soon as possible.
2. The following cancellation fees will apply:
Cancellation made 30 or more days prior to the scheduled check-in date: 50 % of the deposit will be retained and the remaining amount will be refunded.
Cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled check-in date: The full deposit amount will be retained.
In exceptional circumstances, such as a documented medical emergency or natural disaster, the BPBO Site Manager may review the cancellation request on a case-by-case bases.
Changes to Reservation Dates:
- Guests may request changes to their reservation dates, subject to availability and approval by the BPBO Site Manager. If the change is approved, the deposit will be applied to the new reservation dates.
Cancellation by BPBO:
- In the unlikely event that the cottage becomes unavailable for the reserved dates, due to unforeseen circumstances, the BPBO Site Manager will notify the Steward as soon as possible and refund the full deposit.
Early Departures or No Shows:
- In the event that Stewards depart earlier than the scheduled check-out date, of if they fail to show up without prior notification, no refunds will be provided.
- Refunds for cancellations or deposit returns will be processed using the same payment method originally used for the deposit.
- Stewards should allow a reasonable processing time for the refund to appear in their account.